Wednesday 19 January 2011

Codename: "Western VN" - IN DEVELOPMENT

There is something about the genre Western that is so undeniably attractive. I mean, yeah its one of the older people movies - my dad loves John Wayne for example - but it still has that raw charm rarely found elsewhere.

I mean its got thats good: a rebellious anti-hero with a mysterious back-story, epic gunfights and duels, a lawless society with gangs and vigilantes, the expansive backdrops with open plains and desert landscapes and a time where men were men. So yeah, inspired by the depth of what some people consider a shallow genre, I decided to make a Western VN.

I've got the plot worked out - needs to be fleshed out though - and the characters (stereotypical for now, the depth is being developed with their back-stories) coming along nicely. The choices I am leaning towards are either you join the "Law" faction (help the (female) Sheriff), join the "Lawless" faction (join the Thorny Rose Gang, who, of course, has a female leader O.o) or you could join the "Neutral"  faction (helping the Brothel, and its rather attractive madam, out). Then the story culminates in a duel Tournament (If it aint broke, don't fix it!) where our main character, the mysterious stranger, has the final duel with his Rival.

Yeah...and that's my 2 cents on the project so far.

P.S.  the world needs more cattle-punk,

No comments: